Ok, It’s been quite a while since I updated my blog, so here is a rundown:
- I’ve been working on my little backyard garden every weekend since it’s been warm enough. As a result, the lawn looks good, the vegetable garden is growing and our flower beds are weed free and has cedar mulch. The Iris that our neighbor, Mrs. Chiu, gave us is really taking off. She planted that Iris in every house she owned, but finally moved to an apartment so she gave it to us. I have to call her son to let them know that it continues to grow (30-40 years!). It’s hard work, but it’s enjoyable as WE benefit from it.
- Related, I striped apart our Weber Genesis BBQ cleaned it, replaced the gas line (old quick connect is not used anymore), and we are good to go. That grill is a hand me down from over 10 years ago. The good thing about Weber grills: it will last forever if you keep it clean. I can’t wait for our small July 4th BBQ.
- We have so much Mint and Sage that we’re giving it away (Luckily our neighbor likes Sage). Since we have so much mint, we’ve learned to make an occasional mojito too.
- Thanks to Janny, I’m finally learning how to cook. I’m starting with simple meals like Tilapia fish marinated with coconut curry and collard greens. I also can safely cook chicken and pork chops too. Anyone that knows me, knows what an accomplishment this is. Having a good Zojirushi rice cooker also helps.
- Our home computer had a very persistent computer virus. The virus scaner (Two!) would ID the files but could not clean it as their was a persistent lock on them. As my brother suggested, I downloaded Ubuntu, burned a boot CD, booted up in LINUX and removed the infected files. That was so easy that it was a bit ridiculous. Booting up in LINUX completely disables the threat.
- After using our PC since 2000/2001, we decided now was a good time. So, Janny and I got a Dell XPS 630 and pretty much optioned it out (8gb RAM, 1TB RAID 0, Intel® Core 2 Q8300 (4MB,2.5GHz, 1333FSB), 24 inch Flat screen monitor, etc. ). To put it mildly, I’m really looking forward to getting it.
In summary, life is pretty good.
Music I’m listening to now:
Nothing at the moment.