Lot of things hapening lately. Here is a rundown of the things that interest me:
- Our new President issued an order to close Guantanamo prison within one year.
- House Republicans are proud that they can’t possibly compromise in the name of “Bi-partisanship”. Hardly surprising as they seem think acting like the extreme “Right Wing” will get them back into the majority. IMO, They should let the adults get some work done. I bet the Senate Republicans also vote against any stimulus package.
- I went on a photo walk practicing long exposure photography. It was fun and I hope to do it again.
- My Lasik Surgery was a complete success. I’m still getting used to not wearing glasses or contact lens. Other than an occasional dry eye, I’m fine.
- Work still keeps me busy. In this economy, that is a good thing, but I’ve noticed that things tend to break in the middle of the night. I suppose that’s better than during the day, but it is tiring.
Music I’m listening to right Now:
“Better Days” by Supertramp from the “Brother Where You Bound” Album. You can see the video here.
We keep getting mail offering good deals to convert to FIOS Internet.
I’d LOVE to convert. Verizon came to our neighborhood and the Technicians assured us they were dragging Fiber Optics to the neighborhood but still not available. Currently, I have DSL as I used to run servers here on site and needed static IP’s.
Now, my server is run on a VPS solution and I don’t need Static IP’s anymore.
After some of the dificulty with Time Warner Cable, I’d be willing to try FIOS HD too. I’m hoping that it’s available soon.
Music I’m listening to now:
Nothing at the moment.
And now the United States of America has a new President.
- One that isn’t focused on Agenda over reality.
- One that will support Science instead of attempting to subvert it for Political Agenda.
- One that will speak of Bi-partisanship and actually mean it.
- One that won’t question my Patriotism when I disagree with him.
- One that won’t say I’m supporting Terrorism when I support Civil Rights.
- One that is willing to Listen to others.
- One that isn’t afraid to meet with our Enemies.
- One will have Accountability.
- One that won’t break the Law.
- One that won’t support Torture.
- One that won’t use a Signing statement to declare an intent to break the law.
- One that won’t set records taking vacation.
- One that has a Vice President who won’t make up new Branches of Govt.
Yep, “That One”.
I could go on, but after the last eight years, it’s one hell of a long list. Love the Dr. Strangelove look Former Vice President Cheney has…
There are issues that I disagree with President Obama about. That’s OK, unlike the past administration, this one is mature enough to acknowledge our differences.
Update: That was a very good speech. (Text of it here) Bet the Right Wing goes ape about it…
Music I’m listening to now:
Aretha Franklin, I’m watching the Inaguration
Well, I got LASIK Eye Surgery yesterday. I’m happy with the results and I thought I’d describe how it went.
I was a little nervous (By far, this was NOT the hardest procedure I’ve had) but looking forward to it. Janny and I got there early, checked in and waited in the room outside the procedure area. First off, they give you a hair net and booties. This is too keep the room with the equipment completely clean.
Prior to the surgery, a nurse explained the procedure to each of us. There were several people queued up and we had different procedures so the nurse explained the procedures to the two groups. Then we were to be seen by the Doctor and checked out one last time.
The doctor picked me first, so I went to the examination room, reviewed my file with the doctor, and got one more eye exam. After that, I was taken to the procedure room where they again explained exactly what was going to happen. After lying down, they put drops in my eye that numbed the eye. It must of numbed the eyelids too since they next put in clips to keep my eye lids open and I only felt a mild pressure.