After a very long and winding campaign, it all comes down to what the Voting public does today.
Myself, I voted for Sen. Barack Obama for President. My reasons for it came down to a few key things:
- I want a President who won’t demonize the press when they just report the news. I’m incredibly tired of the “Liberal Media” nonsense that the GOP continues to propogate.
- I want a President who won’t claim the Opposition “want’s to lose the War in Iraq” without defining what “winning” means. In my opinion, it’s infantile and foolish.
- I want a President that won’t use Political Agenda over all else.
- I want a President that won’t use the Dept. of Homeland Security to generate “Terror Alerts” when politically needed.
- I want a President that will engage in Diplomacy. Telling a country “Do what we want and THEN we’ll talk!” is NOT diplomacy. Even if you have enemies, you need to speak to them.
- I want a President that won’t cherry pick Intelligence to feed thier propaganda machine.
- I want a President that won’t constantly use a “Straw man” in every speech.
- I want a President that will select a Vice President who won’t invent interpretation of his/her office.
- I want a President that won’t use a Signing statement as a declaration of a intent to break the law.
Frankly, based on the last eight years, I could go on for hours. Sen. John McCain voted with Pres. GW Bush over 90% of the time. Why should I expect him to suddenly diverge from the failed policies of his party?
People think the last Eight years was bad, but frankly, it’s been longer than that. President Clinton was impeached by a GOP led House of Representatives in 1998. That doesn’t cover the Witch hunt perpetrated by Kenneth Star starting in 1994.
The GOP has been pushing their Radical Right Agenda since the 90’s. If they lose the Presidential race and seats in the House and Senate, they have no one to blame but themselves.
Music I’m listening to now:
Nothing at the moment.