Originally uploaded by S.D.
- 4 sets of AA batteries (3 sets of rechargeable NiMh) for the flash.
- 540+ Photos over 3 2gb SD cards.
- Incredibly tired afterwards.
Needless to say, it was a blast, despite being crushed against a Police barricade.
The photo on the right was from the people gathering at Spring Street and 6th Avenue. I met other people from Flickr early on, but we got separated as we each got good vantage points.
Next time, I have to get there earlier so I can get into the starting area.
Things I learned:
- Keep all memory cards in my jacket pockets. Getting memory cards out of my backpack was a chore to say the least.
- Use the 18-200mm lens at a High ISO. The Sigma was great at f2.8, but from the results with the Flash, I think I could have used the slower lens.
- Wear a costume and march in the parade. I got photos I’m happy with, but walking about would have been better.
Music I’m listening to right Now:
I Don’t Wanna Be In Love (Dance Floor Anthem) by Good Charlotte from the “Good Morning Revival” album.