Heard on the news this morning: Shuttle vet went after woman dating space pilot she coveted.
Let me see If I can sum up:
- She's married with three kids.
- Apparently. has only a working relationship with the other astronaut whom is said to be the victims boyfriend.
- Drove 950 miles from Houston to Orlando – wearing adult diapers to drive non stop.
- Disguised herself in a dark wig, glasses and trench coat
- Confronted the victim in the parking lot of Orlando International Airport.
According to News Accounts, an officer followed Mrs. Nowak and
watched her throw away a bag containing the wig and a BB gun. They also
found a steel mallet, a 4-inch folding knife, rubber tubing, rubber
gloves, $600 in cash, love letters – all in bags and in her car.
NASA spokesman James Hartsfield in Houston said that, as of Monday, Mrs. Nowak's status with the astronaut corps remained unchanged. Even if she beats the attempted kidnapping charge, I think it's safe to say her days as an astronaut are over. Bet all the Astronauts under go a new round of psychological testing because of this.
As the title says: I think Nasa is having a very bad day. There is just No Way to spin this. On the surface, this sounds bizarrely funny, but this is really a serious matter. It ended peacefully, but this could have gone down a lot worse. What do you suppose she would have done with the steel mallet, rubber tubing and knife? Hope she gets help, She needs it.
Bet Jay leno and David Letterman are all over this tonight.
Google News here.
Music I'm listening to right Now:
"Big Bang Baby" by Stone Temple Pilots from the "Tiny Music…Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop" Album.