As other people have pointed out “The Military Commissions Act” passed by Congress is dangerous as it has no clear definition of what defines an “Enemy combatant”. Keith Olbermann does a fine job of explaining why this is such a badly written law and points out that it is whittling away at the Bill of Rights. He also does a great job of once again demonstrating what a complete hypocrite President George W. Bush is. This is such a “hot” issue, that he can’t schedule a time to sign it? Riiiiight… BTW, while Keith Olbermann is being sarcastic (loved the “Why Does Habeas Corpus Hate America?“), people should realize this: If something can be abused it will be. The founding fathers of the United States did NOT trust Government, which is why the codified the bill of rights. Even if the current president doesn’t abuse this (Wow, What Are the Odds?), it doesn’t mean others won’t. This is not a “partisan” issue, it’s potentially a Constitutional one.It used to be that you could depend on the Supreme Court to strike down laws like this one since it smacks in the face of the Constitution (i.e. Attempted murder of Habeas Corpus) but with this line up, who knows?
Music I’m listening to right Now:
“Crazy” by Seal from his “Seal” Album (1991). It seemed appropriate.
- Michelin-Starred Musket Room Now Selling Sandwiches Out Of 1962 International Harvester Van
- Coronavirus Statistics: Tracking The Epidemic In New York
- De Blasio Promises New Plan On Reopening Schools Next Week, Regrets Not Having A Plan Already
- Judge Lets City Move Homeless Men Out Of Lucerne Hotel On Upper West Side
- Here's What To Expect From Macy's 2020 Thanksgiving Day Pandemic Parade
- Cinematic Masterpiece Shows "Rockefeller" The Owl Being Released Into The Wild
- Early Addition: Georgia Secretary Of State Says Trump Threw Him & His Family "Under The Bus"
- U.S. Unemployment Claims Jump for Second Straight Week
- U.S. Shutters Warehouse Where Migrants Were Kept in ‘Cages’
- Virus Surge, Once in the Nation’s Middle, Gains Steam All Around
- C.I.A. Officer Is Killed in Somalia
- Iran Said to Free British-Australian Scholar Accused of Spying
- A Badly Timed Disruption for Wine Sales in the New York Area
- Biden Tells Nation: ‘We’re at War With the Virus, Not With One Another’