As other people have pointed out “The Military Commissions Act” passed by Congress is dangerous as it has no clear definition of what defines an “Enemy combatant”. Keith Olbermann does a fine job of explaining why this is such a badly written law and points out that it is whittling away at the Bill of Rights. He also does a great job of once again demonstrating what a complete hypocrite President George W. Bush is. This is such a “hot” issue, that he can’t schedule a time to sign it? Riiiiight… BTW, while Keith Olbermann is being sarcastic (loved the “Why Does Habeas Corpus Hate America?“), people should realize this: If something can be abused it will be. The founding fathers of the United States did NOT trust Government, which is why the codified the bill of rights. Even if the current president doesn’t abuse this (Wow, What Are the Odds?), it doesn’t mean others won’t. This is not a “partisan” issue, it’s potentially a Constitutional one.It used to be that you could depend on the Supreme Court to strike down laws like this one since it smacks in the face of the Constitution (i.e. Attempted murder of Habeas Corpus) but with this line up, who knows?
Music I’m listening to right Now:
“Crazy” by Seal from his “Seal” Album (1991). It seemed appropriate.
- Donuts, Baseball Tickets, Cheesecake, & More: The Best Vaccine Incentives In NYC
- Coronavirus Statistics: Tracking The Epidemic In New York
- Early Addition: Gorgeous Views From Historic NYC Buildings That You'll Likely Never See In Person
- "It Was Her Story To Tell": Fiancé Of Stringer Accuser Says She Told Him About The Alleged Sexual Assault In 2014
- NYC Bus And Subway Workers Record Lowest COVID-19 Vaccination Rate At MTA
- Nearly 70% Of All New York State Judges Are White, New Report Finds
- Extra Extra: Cat Given Adorable Ceremony For Saving Elderly Man's Life
- W.H.O. Approves China’s Sinopharm Vaccine
- ‘A Long Way to Go’ for Economic Recovery, Biden Says
- Weak Jobs Report Sharpens Debate Over Economic Recovery
- ‘It’s Not Quite Like Riding a Bike’: Pilots Get Ready to Fly Again
- Florida's New Voting Rights Law Explained
- Are Animated Dads Getting Hotter? An Investigation
- Eric Adams Says He Has Something to Prove. Becoming Mayor Might Help.